The primary goal of Sixth Grade Spanish is to enable students to improve their ability to speak, read and write in Spanish. This will be accomplished through a variety of classroom activities that incorporate a cultural awareness of the more than 25 countries worldwide with significant Spanish-speaking populations.
- We will learn to conjugate AR, ER and IR verbs.
- Verbs are conjugated with all the personal pronouns.
- Definite & indefinite articles, gender agreement, singular and plural forms are used.
- Two days each week students will be quizzed on words from their vocabulary list.
- Cumulative vocabulary tests are given throughout the quarter.
- In class dialogues reinforces new vocabulary words.
- Students will take turns presenting projects about Spanish events.
- We will celebrate certain Spanish holidays and learn about others.
- Students will be assigned one project per quarter in which they will have an opportunity practice their grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary.