We are grateful to the ten families who joined in and recently made a gift to the Imagine the Possibilities
capital campaign. We appreciate the support of families far and wide
who want to see Saint Andrew’s acquire the property next door for future
|Marge MacKinnon, Okmulgee, Oklahoma
|| Mark Gosling and Alison Millar, San Jose
|Kirk Waldie, Tulare, CA
|| Valerie and H.J. Pestana, San Jose
|Lincoln and Jane Bradley, Saratoga
|| David and Kay Knapp, Los Gatos
|Julie Gatewood Miller, Los Osos, CA
|| Jann-Paul Fabrin and Joey Kitagawa, San Jose
|Chuck and Holly Gillingham, Campbell, CA
|| Zhaohui Zhang and Ling Shang, San Jose
Thank you for helping us get closer to the $5m finish line to
acquire the property next door! If you haven’t made a gift yet please
click on this link: Give to the Capital Campaign
|Many of our After School Enrichment activities are kicking off new sessions this month and some in April. Saint Andrew's students in grades Pre-K through 8 can try: basketball, chess, cooking, musical theatre, public speaking, debate, LEGO engineering, Fun with Gadgets, lacrosse, programming, tennis, self defense, Mad Science, Marvegos Fine Art and more!! Sign up online today.|
|Mrs. Kalai will be setting a “Haft Seen” table in the Center next week for our students and families to explore. For more about Norooz, click to the second page. As an Episcopal school, we love to honor and celebrate the many cultural and faith traditions that make our world such an interesting place. If you would like to share about your family's traditions and practices, please contact your child's teacher or division head to determine an appropriate time to share. |
|NEXT WEEK: The Common Ground Speaker Series invites you to hear Harvard psychiatrist and best-selling author John Ratey, M.D. discuss the concept of peak performance with research that shows how exercise sparks the growth of new brain cells and leads to greater physical and mental well-being. Dr. Ratey will help parents put the brain-fitness connection to use to reduce feelings of stress, sharpen focus and improve mood.|
There are a number of special themed dress days and activities taking place over the next two weeks:
- Tomorrow, March 10th is our Winter Athletes' Chapel. Join us as we celebrate our basketball players.
- Friday is our Spring Buddy Lunch event. LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE PAB. Students should wear their CHARACTER COUNTS! colors. Pre-K/5A/5B--Purple KA/5A/5B--Orange KB/5B--Orange 1A/6A--Red 1B/6B--Red 2A/2B with 6C/6D/6E--Blue
3A/8A/8C--Green 3B/8B/8D--Green 4A/4B with 7A/7B/7C//7D--Yellow
- Next week is Australia Week! Last year's Geoffrey Andrew Ladd Discovery Award winner Luke Cady will share about his family's trip to Australia this past summer on Tuesday and Wednesday following chapel. The 2016 Discovery Award will be presented on Thursday, March 17th. All Saint Andrew's families are encouraged to join us as we bestow the school's highest award.
- On Friday, March 18th, the Student Council is hosting a themed dress day. It's Dress Like a Teacher Day! (Recognizing that students may not have teacher-like apparel, it will also be permissible to be in Free Dress.)
The Spring Social Planning Committee members are putting the final touches on a variety of amazing baskets and bundles for your bidding pleasure at this year's Spring Social (April 30th). There are just a few more items that would help complete their preparations. Could you donate:
- Lego building sets (boys and girls)
- Nerf guns and accessories
- Justice brand room accessories, sleeping bags, and beauty accessories (some are on clearance on line or in the store right now!)
- Warriors tickets or merchandise
- Designer wristlets or hand bags for middle school girls
Items can be dropped in the front office between now and March 15th.
You can also support Saint Andrew's by placing an ad for your business in the Spring Social Auction Program! Or place a shout out ad for your children/class or wonderful teachers! It's a great way to get your message out to the school community... Support your children and our school by placing an ad! Please contact Linda Golan if you are interested or would like to find out more about it.
The spring service learning project for fourth grade is putting together hygiene kits for Sacred Heart Community Services. Do you have a few travel size shampoos, conditioners, soaps, etc. from your hotel stays? Fourth grade will be collecting items for one more day. Thank you!
The Class of 2018 is hosting the next Middle School Dance on Friday, March 18. It's a Saint Patrick's Day theme, so break out the green and come join the fun. Return your permission slip
and $10 to the office no later than Wednesday, March 15th. The dance begins at 7:00 pm and will wrap at 10:00 pm.
Families interested in Saint Andrew's often check out Yelp
to see what current parents are saying. If you are a regular Yelp
user, take a moment to write a review. You can also see our latest video.