Saint Andrew's is pleased to partner with My Green Lunch to offer lunch service for purchase Monday through Friday, unless otherwise published. Lunches need to be pre-ordered online by 11:00AM the day prior to service, e.g. lunch for Monday should be ordered by 11:00AM on Sunday.
My Green Lunch is a locally owned and family operated business founded with a specific mission, to provide a delicious, fresh, nutritious, economical, and environmentally sustainable lunch program to Silicon Valley schools.
My Green Lunch strives to source all of our food products (meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables) from sustainable family farms within a 250 mile radius of our commercial kitchen in Willow Glen. They offer multiple hot and cold entrees daily (meat & vegetarian), a seasonal organic fruit and vegetable. Families can select from at least (8) different options each day, ensuring that they have a wide variety of options that meet your child's specific tastes and preferences.
The foods provided are the same as you will find at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joe's, and your local farmers market where we shop each week. Brands you can trust such as Clover Stornetta, Diestel Turkey, Niman Ranch, Applegate, Earthbound Farm, Udi's, Sukhi's, Coleman Natural, Annie's, Organic Valley, and more.
My Green Lunch believes food should be about:
- Fresh – Food should come from farm to school, not the factory to school
- Education – Teaching children where your food comes from
- Sustainable – Teaching children the choices they make effects the environment, including how we source food and the use of sustainable packaging
- Culture– Food should foster a sense of community and embody many cultures
- Health – Food should be Real – Free of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides
The food My Green Lunch serves will be:
- Preservative & Chemical Free
- Pesticide Free
- Locally Sourced – From Local Family Farms
- Sustainably Produced
- Free Range Dairy, Organic Eggs, and Humanely Raised Meats
What do I need to know:
- Days Offered: We will be providing lunch service (5) days a week:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Lunch Menu: A calendar menu will be provided monthly in addition to a weekly email that will be sent out to registered users on the My Green Lunch ordering system.Weekly email will provide a friendly reminder if you have not placed an order as well as a description of the lunches offered in more detail.
- Pricing: My Green Lunch will be offering (2) meals sizes:
- Regular portion size (8 oz.) for $5.65
Large portion size (12 oz.) for $6.40 (recommended for 4th and up)
** Parents will be able to change their students default portion size of regular to large by editing their students profile.
** Salads are priced at $6.65 and include side of fresh fruit and healthy snack
** Some menu items such as Gluten Free Hamburger are approximately $.50 - .75 more for specialty breads.
** Lunch ordered after 11:00 AM the day prior to service but before 7:00 PM will incur a $1.00 surcharge.
- What's in a lunch?: Each Lunch includes (4) items:
- Hot/Cold Entree of choice (At least 8 options offered daily)
- Fresh fruit
- Healthy Snack
- Fresh vegetables from "garden bar"
- Ordering: My Green Lunch is a pre-paid, pre-ordered service that utilizes a 100% on-line ordering system.
- Ordering Deadline: In order to offer the freshest lunch possible while minimizing food waste, we have instituted a deadline of 1 day before lunch is served (Example: Sunday by 11:00AM for Monday lunch service)
- Allergies& Dietary Restrictions: My Green Lunch would like to work directly with parents of children that suffer from food allergies and restricted diets to ensure that your child can fully participate in the program.We offer gluten free, dairy free, and vegan options as indicated on the calendar menu provided each month.
- Cancellations: Parents can cancel orders online up until 11:00AM the day before lunch is served for 100% credit by selecting the entree ordered and then selecting "Cancel for Credit". If you need to cancel an order after the 11:00AM deadline, you have until 7:00PM to email "firstname.lastname@example.org" indicating that you would like to cancel and you will receive 50% credit. There are no cancellations for credit after 7:00PM the day before lunch is served. Missed lunches (e.g. child is absent) can be picked up by a parent or sibling on the day for which it was ordered or the day immediately following.
If you have any questions or comments, we encourage you to contact My Green Lunch by email: email@example.com