YOUNG MUSIC PRODUCERS- BASIC
This program offers new students basic instruction in Music making and recording and is being held on Wednesday’s and starts Wednesday February 15th, Room 201. These weekly sessions feature instruction by local producer/engineer Michael Rodriguez, who’s clients include Boz Scaggs, Bonnie Raitt and Smash Mouth. Students learn together while playing and recording music, on their own and with each other. By the end of the program, the students will have played on, recorded and mixed multiple songs, ready for sharing.
Students Will Learn and Experience:
1. Basic music production: with emphasis on ear training and theory
2. Recording Arts basics: Hands-on training from microphones to mixing
3. Collaboration techniques: Emphasis on creativity and learning by sharing
4. GarageBand: Core component of the program
8 student Maximum
Course Cost: $450
10 weeks, Wednesday classes, 3:15p-4:30p, Rm 201
Dates: 2/15, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24
YOUNG MUSIC PRODUCERS-ADVANCED
Semester 2 classes are moving to Tuesdays and starts Tuesday, February 14th
This program gives students more advanced knowledge of the recording arts and a deeper understanding of the creation and production of music, utilizing Saint Andrew’s onsite professional recording studio. These weekly sessions feature music and recording arts instruction by local producer/engineer Michael Rodriguez and music instruction by Saint Andrew’s own Mr. Higgins. Students learn, record, and play music together surrounded by the tools used by the pros. By the end of the program, the students will have recorded, mixed, and mastered multiple songs, ready for sharing.
Students Learn and Experience:
1. Recording Arts concepts: Hands-on training from microphones to mixing.
2. Music production skills: Deep analysis and study of different music styles.
3. Collaboration techniques: Emphasis on creativity and learning by sharing.
4. Pro Tools and GarageBand: Core components of the program.
Course Cost: $900
10 weeks, Tuesday classes 3p-5p, Music Room.
Dates: 2/14, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11, 4/25, 5/9, 5/16